At 60.7m (199ft) All Saints is the longest parish church in Kent and its 15th century tower is one of the tallest in the county with a height of 40.2m (132ft). This grand church is known locally as the Cathedral of the Marsh. In the northwest corner, incorporated into the walls of this 13th century church, are the remains of a 4th or 5th century Romano-British basilica. The church has a remarkable collection of monuments ranging from a brass to John Motesfont, died 1420, to a roundel carved in marble by John Flaxman in memory of Anne Russell and her son died 1781.
Map Location of All Saints, Lydd (TN29 9DX)
Church Access Arrangements
The Church is open 9.00 – 5.30 in summer, 9.00 – 3.30 in winter. Church Wardens Mrs Pat Carter, 01797 320108, Mr Chris Aubrey 01797 320890. Reverend Chris Maclean 01797 320345.