St MaryEast Guldeford
St Mary’s was built under the patronage of Sir Richard de Guldeford and was consecrated on 20th September 1505. It is unusual in that it is the only one of the Marsh churches originally constructed of brick and is the only one in Sussex, rather than Kent. The interior is dominated by a striking late-19th century painted frieze of angels illustrating the Six Days of Creation.
Map Location of St Mary, East Guldeford (TN31 7PA)
|A259, Rye TN31 7PA, UK|
East Guldeford, TN31 7PA
Church Access Arrangements
Usually open. Kate Lamb 01797 690589, Frances Catt, 01797 223288. Reverend Ruth Gostelow 01797 227972.