All Saints was commenced in the mid-12th century and is entered through a carved Norman doorway typical of the period. The carved wooden reredos behind the altar was put in place under the patronage of the Reverend Edmund Ibbotson in the last years of the 19th century. He also painted the beautifully decorated chancel ceiling. Two of the original medieval bells dating from around 1375 are still in use; the original fifteenth century tenor bell dedicated to the Magdalene was found to be cracked so now stands on the floor of the church.
Church Access Arrangements
Usually open 10 – 5 daily. Church Wardens, Mrs Heather Bateman, 01303 873781, and Mr Malcolm Wood, 01303 872463. When locked the key can be collected from 12 Church Road or 8 Church Road. Further information about the local church community may be found on the website of the Romney Marsh Benefice https://romneychurches.org/.
Map Location of All Saints, Burmarsh (TN29 OJJ)
|3 Church Rd, Burmarsh, Romney Marsh TN29 0JG, UK||Burmarsh,TN29 OJJ|